Current Student Information
Each student is responsible for knowing Mason’s rules, regulations, requirements, administrative policies and academic policies. The University Catalog, your program advisors, and the staff in the Student and Academic Affairs Office are key resources to assist you as you work toward completion of your degree requirements. It is highly recommended that you meet with your advisor at least once per semester to review degree progress and plan for future semesters.
You Have the Keys to Success:
Be an Informed StudentIt is your responsibility to know where you are in completing your requirements. Your advisor is a resource to assist you. If you choose not to meet with your advisor you may miss key information and opportunities to make your experience at Mason a more valuable one.
Read your Mason E-mailStudents are responsible for the content of university communication sent to their Mason e-mail account (@masonlive.gmu.edu) and are required to activate that account and check it regularly. If you wish to forward your @masonlive.gmu.edu e-mails to a personal account please do so as soon as possible once admitted to avoid missing key communications from various university offices.
Know and Use your ResourcesFriends and other CEHD students are great but they are not reliable sources of information for your individual degree requirements/progress. A reliable resource is a paid Mason employee and the subject matter expert on the question at hand (i.e. Licensure, Endorsements, Advising, Career Services, Admissions, Registrar, ITU Support, etc.). When in doubt, ask your advisor!
Where to look for Advising
Contact the Learning Technologies in Schools program at LearnTech@gmu.edu. Faculty and staff will answer any questions that you may have about your program or degree.
- University Registrar's Forms
- Advisory Panel Framework
- Blended and Online Learning in Schools Brochure (BOLS)
- Designing Digital Learning in Schools (DDLS) Program Brochure
- Division of Learning Technologies Flyer
- elearning Graduate Certificate Brochure
- ID Job Sample
- Instructional Design and Technology Flyer
- Instructional Design and Technology MEd and eLearning Graduate Certificate Advising Sheet
- Instructional Design and Technology Program Brochure
- Learning Technologies Design Research (LTDR) flyer
- Learning Technologies in Schools (LTS) Flyer
- LTDR Program of Study (use if admitted AFTER 3-1-12)
- LTDR Program of Study (use if admitted PRIOR to 3-1-12)
- LTDR Reduction of Credit
- LTDR: Design Research Practicum Proposal Form
- Partnership Framework Short Version (pdf)
Academic Program Coordinator
Phone: (703) 993-2015
Fax: (703) 993-2722